We've achieved big results in all sorts of industries. Some of our biggest successes have been in these four categories.
Case Study: Columbus Image
Columbus, Ohio was a city in need of an image, something to hang its hat on.
Nashville is music, Orlando is theme parks and Vegas is, well, Vegas. But what was Columbus?
It turns out Columbus is a lot of things. A growing tech capital. A bustling college city. A creative hotbed of art, music and cuisine. There was a lot to say. The problem was: how to say it?
The first challenge was to get all of the entities who market Columbus on the same page. We needed all of these very different organizations to buy into one message that would resonate with the market whether we were talking to soccer moms or CEOs.
But first, we had to figure out what this message was. What was the essence of the Columbus brand?
After many months of strategic work, involving leaders from all sectors of the community, it was determined that Columbus' essence was, ‘smart & open.’
So we began by creating a logo family and a universal brand toolkit, one that allowed all of the city’s organizations and departments to visually communicate with the same or similar voices.
Then, we launched advertising campaigns for the city's tourism, economic development, sports commission and bicentennial celebration, all building on Columbus’ brand essence of being a smart and open-minded city.
It didn't take long to realize this message was hitting home.
Over 30 organizations all over the city began adopting the ColumbUS logo mark into their marketing and 454 other users downloaded the brand toolkit.
And, local businesses weren't the only ones on board with the new Columbus message.
Multimedia impressions from the economic development campaign reached the 200 million mark.
Web traffic on the Columbus region economic site increased 400% over the previous year.
And the city experienced a 139% jump in convention hotel room bookings over the previous year.
In other words, thanks to a collaborative effort and a great campaign, Columbus' brand was definitely on the map.
Check out more of our thoughts on and experiences in Tourism on our blog.
National, third-party recognition for the results we’ve achieved in the tourism category:
- #8 Tourism Agency, as ranked by O'Dwyer's
- U.S. Travel Association, Mercury Award, Office of TourismOhio, Media Relations program
- Four PRSA Bronze Anvils, Office of TourismOhio, Media Relations program
- The Holmes Report, Silver SABRE Award, Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB, Special Events
- The Holmes Report, Silver SABRE Certificate of Excellence, Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB, Publicity Stunt
- The Holmes Report, Gold SABRE Award, Office of TourismOhio
- Travel + Leisure SMITTY Award, Myrtle Beach Area Chamber/CVB, Best Overall Use of Social Media
- Central Ohio PRSA PRism Awards Best of Show, Hilton Columbus Downtown grand opening
- Travel Weekly, Magellan Award, Panama City Beach campaign elements
- National Association of Sports Commissions Awards, Greater Columbus Sports Commission, Outstanding Marketing Campaign
- Ohio Economic Development Association Awards, Columbus 2020, Excellence in Economic Development Marketing
- HSMAI Board of Directors, Silver Adrian Award, Panama City Beach “Real Fun Guarantee” banners